Professional trainer in gender issues and reproductive health in Namibia – deadline August 31
CESTAS intends to contract a senior figure with the role of professional trainer in gender issues and reproductive health. It is part of the project, approved by the European Commission in 2016, that has the specific objective of empowering adolescent girls and young women living in informal settlements of Tobias Hainyeko constituency (Khomas Region) and VYF Rand (Otjizondjupa Region) to access development opportunities through prevention of teenage pregnancies, child marriages, the acquisition of life skills trainings and vocational skills trainings.
The responsabilities of the trainer will be:
1) Teaching activities in the context of a training course for local trainers (Peer training) that will hold presentations with the adolescents girls and boys (ages of 13 to 22 years) in and out of school, in informal settlements, involved in the project. Training topics: fundamentals of adolescents sexual and reproductive health education; medical and social issues related with early sexual activity; Gender Issues and Gender based Violence ( Including violence in families); United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (NCRC); Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW); African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC); facilitation techniques to be used in training;
2) Creation of informative material (for use by trainers) and information (for use by the beneficiary community) related to sexual and reproductive health and gender issues;
3) Support for the creation and supervision of the material provided by the trainers to the beneficiaries of the workshops.
The training courses will be held in Windhoek and in Vyf Rand (Otjozondjiupa Region), Namibia, and the duration of the contract is to be settled on the basis of two missions of 7 days each to be done in Namibia .The field missions are scheduled in the indicative periods of September 2018 and January / February 2019.
The profile must have the following requisites:
- Degree in humanistic and / or political-social, socio-health and educational subjects;
- Postgraduate specialization in the subjects covered by the project and / or previous experience in the sector of at least 5 years;
- Experience as a trainer in cooperation for the development projects of at least 5 years;
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least Level C1 – Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Availability to carry out 2 missions in Namibia during the 2 years of the Project of at least 7 days each.
The following skills will also be required:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent display capacity;
- Excellent organizational skills.
A good knowledge of Legislative Frameworks School Learner Policy in Namibia would be an advantage.
The candidate is invited to present their salary expectation. The deadline for the submission of applications is set for 31st August 2018 and must be sent to the following address: email@example.com.